NEET PG 2020: Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Syllabus
The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Post-Graduation NEET PG will be conducted on January 05, 2020. It is of one of the prestigious entrance tests for MBBS graduates who want to do their master degree from government and other authorized medical colleges of India. It is conducted in January of every year by the National Board of Examinations (NBE). NBE will release NEET PG admit card. Like last year, this year also it is expected that NBE NEET PG 2020 will be held on a single day in a single session as a computer based test. NEET PG 2020 National Board of Examination (NBE) holds National Eligibility cum Entrance Test Post Graduate in the month of January. It is a national level examination, held to fill MD/MS/ PG Diploma in India. MBBS candidates, who fulfill the eligibility criteria of NEET PG will be able to apply.
Neet PG Exam date is January 05, 2020. NEET PG 2020 application form will be available from November 1, 2019 to November 21, 2019.
NEET PG has replaced the All India Post Graduate Medical Entrance Examination (AIPGMEE) and has become the single window entrance examination for all PG courses offered by all government, private and deemed medical colleges across the country. The move has been taken to remove hassles of applying for different examinations. However, admissions to certain institutions will be outside the purview of NEET PG. Candidates can check the list of the same and other NEET PG facts on while applying. NEET PG is the only entrance examination to various MD/MS and PG Diploma courses in India, as per the directives issued by the Supreme Court in 2016. For taking MBBS admission, candidates need to clear NEET UG 2019.
From 2018 onwards, NEET PG will be conducted on a single day in single session throughout the country. The PG entrance exam for doctors will be conducted as an online exam in the form of a Computer Based Test (CBT). The online registration process of NEET Post Graduate in 2019 is expected to begin from the 1st week of November 2019. Candidates must note that they will be able to apply for NEET PG 2020 in online mode only. The result of NEET PG is going to be declared by last week of January 2020 as per the NBE notification.
Although some reputed and known colleges are exempted from NEET 2020 which are AIIMS, New Delhi, PGIMER, Chandigarh, JIPMER, Puducherry, SGPGIMS, Lucknow, NIMHANS, Bengaluru and Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum.
NEET PG 2020 will be valid for the following seats:
- All India fifty percent (50%) Quota seats for MD/MS/PG Diploma courses in all states. However, there are some excepted states which include Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu & Kashmir (as these 3 states do not participate in all India quota pool).
- State quota seats for MD/MS/PG Diploma courses for all states and Union territories of India including Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu & Kashmir.
- MD/MS/PG Diploma courses at all private and deemed medical universities/institutes across the country.
- MD/MS/PG Diploma courses at Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions.
- DNB Broad Specialty courses.
NEET PG 2020 Important Dates
|Online Application Starts||1st of Nov 2019|
|Online Application Ends||21st Nov 2019|
|Admit Card Release||4th week of Dec 2019|
|NEET PG 2019 Exam Date||5th of Jan 2020|
|Exam Result Expected by||31st of Jan 2020|
NEET PG 2020 Highlights
|Exam Mode||online (computer-based test) mode.|
|Type of Question||Multiple choice questions|
NEET PG 2020 Counselling
NEET PG Counselling of candidates will take place according to their rank, namely All India NEET PG Rank, All India 50 % Quota Category Rank, All India 50 % Quota Rank and State Quota Rank.
NEET PG 2020 Counselling Registration will be started in the month of April. The counselling is organized on all India basis by the MCC for all India 50% quota seats.
For state quota seats, the counselling will be conducted by the concerned State Medical Directorate/Counseling authority(s) of the State/UT.
Seat Allotment Process Round 1 Date is March 27, 2020.
Seat Allotment Process Round 2 Date is April 11, 2020.
Mode of Counselling is Online.
Neet PG 2020 Overview
National Board of Examination (NBE) has released the examination schedule for NEET PG 2020.
NEET PG will be conducted on January 5, 2020.
These exams will be MCQ-based and will be conducted in Computer-based mode. The application process for these exams will also be conducted online. The application process is likely to begin in October.
It is a single window entrance examination for PG courses. No other entrance examination, either at state or institution level, shall be valid for entry to MD/MS/PG Diploma Courses.
NEET PG 2020 Exam- Latest News: The authority has increased the number of exam centres for NEET PG 2020. As many as 14 test cities have been added to the tally for exam.
- NEET PG 2020 exam will contain a total of 300 objective type questions for which each candidate will be allotted three hours and thirty minutes.
- The exam will be computer based and NBE will release a demo test to aid candidates in familiarizing with the test format. Students will be able to access the demo test from December 20, 2019.
- Total Seats are 19,953 MD - 10,821 MS - 1979 PG Diploma - 1338 DNB CET.
- Total Number of Colleges are 6,102 (MS/MD/PG Diploma) and 649 Hospitals (DNB).