Pre Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities
Pre-Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities 2017-18 is sorted out by Government of India. It welcomes application from class 1 to 10 students of minority groups. The target of this program is to give budgetary help and to energize guardians for sending their kid to class. The selected students will get affirmation charge, educational cost expense, upkeep recompense for 10 months in a scholastic year.
Scholarships Scheme for Minorities 2017-2018
- The scholarship will be awarded for studies in India in a government or private school from class 1-10th.
- Scholarship will be awarded to the students who have secured not less than 50% marks in the previous final examination.
- Annual income of their parents/guardian from all sources does not exceed Rs. 1 lakh.
- The students should belong to the minority community (Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jains and Parsis).
- 30% of scholarship will be earmarked for girl students. In case sufficient number of eligible
girl students are not available, then the balance earmarked scholarships may be awarded
to eligible boy students.
- As the number of scholarships for minorities available in a year is fixed and limited it is necessary to lay down preference for selection. Inter-SE selection weight-age is to be given to poverty rather than marks. In case of the renewal applications, such applications would be fully exhausted before the new applications are considered.
- will not be given to more than two students from a family.
- Students should be regular in attendance for which the yardstick will be decided by the competent authority of the school.
- Income Certificate; Income certificate from the employer for employed parents/guardian or Certificate to be issued by the Competent Authority declared by the State Government/ UT Administration.
- The school/institute will certify the claim of student of being an outstation student not
residing in hostel of the school/institute concerned.
The scholarship, once awarded, may be renewed during next academic year of the course on the production of certificate that the student has secured 50% marks
Last Date to Apply- 31st-Oct-2017
Visit Here For Apply: scholarships.gov.in/